1. These Terms and Conditions apply if you enter Phones 4u Fantasy Football 12/13 ("the Game") located at http://fantasy.football-league.co.uk ("the Website") which is operated by The Football League Limited, FL Interactive Limited and Fantasy League Limited collectively ("the Promoters"). You are bound to play within the terms and conditions of play as specified. Please note: Apple Inc. is not a game sponsor nor is involved in any way in the competition.
2. The Game is only open to persons residing in a country where the Game is not prohibited or otherwise unlawful. Users must be aged 16 or over.
3. The Game is not open to employees of Fantasy League Ltd or associated companies, their relatives, agents or agents' relatives.
4. PRIZES ELIGIBILITY: The winner of the Overall Season competition is deemed to be the manager whose team has accumulated the most Fantasy League points throughout the competition. The Manager of the Month prize will be awarded to the manager whose team has accumulated the most Fantasy League points in a particular month (August to April only of current Game season).
The Private League Championship Winner will be awarded to the Private League that has accumulated the most Fantasy League points throughout the competition. The score will be determined by the highest combined score from its top 5 managers in a private league. To enter the Private League Championship you must have at least 5 managers. The Private League Winner of the Month will be awarded to the winning Private League that has the highest combined score from its top 5 managers at the end of each month.
To enter the Private League Championship you must have at least 5 managers in your league. If two or more entries have the same points for particular prize eligibility, then goals scored followed by assists are taken into account to find an overall winner. In the event that there is still no clear winner, the earliest entrant of the tied teams will be deemed the winner. Winners must redeem their prize within 6 weeks after responding to their email notification that they have won failing which the prize will be forfeited. A Private League may only win the Private League Monthly prize twice in the 2012/13 npower Championship league season. Individual managers can also only win two Private League of the Month prizes in the 2012/13 npower Championship League season. The final date for entering a Private League is December 7th 2012.
If a Private League, or individual manager, wins it more than twice in one season the prize will be given to the runner up Private League. The same applies to the Overall Private League Championship prizes - a manager in multiple winning Private Leagues can only win one of the prizes on offer.
FL Interactive Ltd may refuse entry or withdraw the prize if you or anyone you authorise to deal with your entry acts in a way towards staff of FL Interactive, The Football League or the Promoter which FL Interactive reasonably considers to be inappropriate. Information correct as at 5th July 2012.
Upon registration managers will be asked to fill in a field for the npower Championship club they support. This will enter managers automatically into the npower Fans Championship. The npower Fans Championship is a competition for npower Championship supporters to play against other npower Championship club supporters. The top five managers’ scores of each npower Championship club league will be aggregated and the clubs will then be placed into a league. The npower Fans Championship applies to npower Football League Championship clubs only.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: The prizes awarded in respect of the Game ("Prizes") will be at the discretion of FL Interactive, The Football League and Phones 4u Limited (“Phones 4u”) from time to time and they reserve the right to alter and amend the Prizes.
Overall Individual Winners
The people who accumulate the most points during the season will win:
1st Place - £10,000, a winner's trophy, a choice from the latest handsets offered by Phones 4u and the opportunity to be presented with their prize at an npower Championship match of their choice.
2nd Prize - £1,000 and 4 top priced general admission tickets to the Championship Play-off Final in the 2012/13 season with hospitality
3rd Prize - £500 and a signed shirt from any 2012/13 npower Championship team
'The Private League Championship Winner'
The Private League Championship winning leagues will win
1st prize - £100 each plus 2 top priced general admission tickets to the Championship play-off final in the 2012/13 season for the top 5 managers in the team
2nd Prize - 2 top priced general admission tickets to a home Championship match in the 2013/14 season for each of the top 5 managers in the team
3rd Prize - a mini Mitre football for each of the top 5 managers in the team
‘The manager of the month’
Every manager of the month wins £500 and a trophy and the opportunity to be presented with their trophy at a home Championship Football Match of their choosing.
The 'Private League Of The Month'
The Private League of the month is awarded to the Private League whose top five managers have the highest cumulative score (August to April). Each of the top five managers will receive a mini Mitre football each.
Fans Championship - Monthly League prizes
Every manager of the month (August - April only) from the 24 clubs leagues in the Fans Championship will receive a mini Mitre football each.
Fans Championship - Club league prizes
The top 10 managers of the winning npower Fans Championship League will each receive a choice of latest handset from Phones 4u and a VIP behind the scenes experience at their chosen npower Championship club. The agenda of the behind the scenes tour will be communicated to the winner after they have claimed the prize and is subject to availability. Should the npower Championship club be unable to comply to the behind the scenes tour, the winner will receive 6 top priced general admission tickets and 1 signed ball from the npower Championship club instead of the stated prize.
Prize Fulfillment Conditions
Winners will be contacted at the email address they have provided as part of their registration for the Game within one month of winning any prize. Winners will have 12 working days to respond to their email notification and claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of their prize. Delivery of physical item prizes is included within the United Kingdom only. Winners of these prizes will be expected to organise their own travel to the departure destination and will be responsible for all additional costs and expenses associated with using this prize including travel, meals and hotel accommodation. Any winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult on any excursions relating to Fantasy Football prizes. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
Any ticket supplied as part of a prize will be subject to the conditions of issue in relation to such tickets, and all segregation and other health and safety rules or policies imposed in respect of any Match by any police force or safety officer responsible for such Match. The Football League or the relevant home club reserves the right to refuse admission to any Match in circumstances where the holder of the Ticket is acting otherwise than in accordance with the same or is otherwise not entitled to attend the Match e.g. as a result of a banning order. Please note, under Section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1996 (as amended) it is a criminal offence to seek to transfer tickets without authorisation. No such authority is granted by these terms and conditions.
6. TIES: In the event of two teams finishing level on points scored for any prize competition, the winner will be the entrant who has scored the most goals during the relevant period, followed by the most assists. If there is still no separating the tied teams, teams will be placed in order of the time that they were entered, with the team have entered earliest being deemed the winner.
7. GENERAL: The judges' decision in relation to the award of prizes and all other matters associated with the Game will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prizes are non-transferable and there are no alternative prizes unless determined by the Promoters.
8. Entry into the Game constitutes permission for the Promoters and/or their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies to use the names, team selections and photographs of participants at its discretion. All winners shall be required to participate in any such publicity as the Promoters reasonably require.
10. No entrant is allowed to enter more than one team. If an entrant is found to have entered more than one team, only the first team entered will be eligible for prizes. Any additional teams will not be eligible for prizes, and may be removed from the game entirely.
11. Incorrect, incomplete or corrupted entries will not be accepted. The computer record of the entry will be considered to be the entry. The decision of Fantasy League Ltd is final.
12. The website may not be available at all times. FL Interactive Ltd, The Football League Limited and Fantasy League Ltd cannot be held liable if the website is unavailable at any time. The Promoters and their associated, affiliated and subsidiary companies do not accept liability for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network conditions which may limit or prohibit the opportunity to participate in the Game.
14. ENTRY DEADLINES: In order to score points for the full duration of the game, entry must have been recorded no later than 19:45 on Friday 17th August 2012. Any team entered after the above deadline will score points from the next scheduled match after the entry is received. Player points scored before the team was entered will not be added in retrospect.
15. TEAM NAMES: The Promoters reserve the right to refuse team names that are felt in its sole opinion to be inappropriate or offensive. or seek to unfairly ambush any sponsor of the Game. Unsuitable names will be deleted and the team will appear under the entrant’s name.
16. PLAYER LIST: The players included on the player list and their positional classifications have been determined by Fantasy League Ltd. The Promoters will not enter into any correspondence relating to details of the player list, nor will they accept the inclusion into a team of any player not on the published list. Players may be added to and removed from the player list during the game at the discretion of Fantasy League.
17. SCORING POINTS: Players in your team score points based on their performance in npower Championship matches only. Please refer to the Scoring Points page for a detailed breakdown of how the scoring mechanism works.
18. TEAM CHANGES: Unlimited team changes are permitted prior to 19:45 on Friday 17th August 2012. After this time, changes can only be made as outlined on the Team Changes page. All team changes are effective immediately. Any changes made after the scheduled start of a match will only take effect from the start of the following match.
19. The rules and point structure are the copyright of Fantasy League Ltd. No information may be reproduced in any format without prior written consent from Fantasy League Ltd. Fantasy League is a registered trademark and cannot be used without the express permission of Fantasy League Ltd.
20. Informative and explanatory copy relating to Fantasy League, including the scoring system and rules, form part of the terms and conditions of this game.
21. The Promoters reserve the right themselves to refuse to accept any entry which, in their sole opinion, does not comply with the terms and conditions of the competition or which contravenes the spirit of the competition. The Promoters further have an absolute discretion to disqualify any entry, or vary, amend or waive the terms and conditions of the competition at any time and participants agree that no liability shall attach to the Promoters as a result thereof and that the exercise of such discretion shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any participant. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules.
22. Any site users or entrants found to be attempting or suspected of attempting to hack into any servers or systems run by Fantasy League Ltd. will be immediately removed from the system and have any entry, subscriptions or payments cancelled. Such users will have no right to any refunds and Fantasy League Ltd. reserves the right to report the matter to the relevant authorities.
23. The Promoters take no responsibility whatsoever for anything that may be published on a Private League bulletin board. The Promoters do not pre-screen any content posted or disseminated through the bulletin boards. It should be noted that the views expressed on bulletin boards are the views of the individual concerned only and not of the Promoters. Entrants to the Game are entirely responsible for any messages which they post. If entrants do post any message on a bulletin board they must ensure that the message includes nothing which would be a breach of these terms;
Do not defame, threaten, harass, abuse, or otherwise violate the rights of others (whether they are registered users of The Game or not);
Do not post messages which are unlawful, defamatory, obscene, objectionable, or inappropriate;
Do not bring the Promoters, any member Club of The Football League, or the game of football into disrepute;
Do not promote or provide unlawful instructions to others;
Post any messages which could interfere with the intellectual property rights or confidential information of others;
Do not post messages containing commercial messages or advertising;
Do not impersonate anyone else
Do not use the bulletin boards to harvest personal information about others
Do not contain personal information of others in any messages, unless that use is lawful, or you have their consent
Do not transmit any viruses or other harmful code
The Promoters advise that you exercise caution in revealing any personal information about yourself on any bulletin boards.
24. The Promoters will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of the Game information on the Website and to update such information on a regular basis, but do not guarantee that such information will be accurate or up-to-date at all times.
25. The Promoters reserve the right to investigate any complaints that they receive but shall be under no obligation to do so. Should the Promoters choose to exercise this right, their decision shall be final and binding on all complainants and they shall not enter into any correspondence regarding its decision or any other matter.
26. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions continuing in full force and effect.
27. These Terms and Conditions will be interpreted in accordance with English law and the entrants agree that all claims arising from their participation in the Game which they may bring against the Promoters will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
28. Promoters: FL Interactive Ltd and The Football League Limited both of Unit 5B, Edward VII Quay, Navigation Way, Preston, Lancashire PR2 2YF and Fantasy League Ltd of 2a Leeder House, 6 Erskine Road, London, NW3 3AJ. If you have any problems in accessing details about your chosen team or any other details regarding your entry or any general queries, please Contact Us.